Monday, November 28, 2016

Underachiever

Two weeks ago I bragged to my Dr that I walk 10,000 steps a day.  I am not a person who exaggerates.  In fact, I am so literal that I will make a simple statement and then spend the next five minutes clarifying the previous statement to make sure no one misunderstands what I really meant.  I have rambled on and on clarifying statements so much at  job interviews that I didn’t get the job.
So, I’m at the Dr and he asks if I exercise.  I say ‘define exercise’.  Then proceed to tell him I walk 10,000 steps a day.  He is clearly impressed so I feel the need to let him know in detail that I don’t actually walk 10,000 steps everyday.  I only do it six days a week.  I don’t walk much on Sundays since I have declared it my unofficial day off.  And furthermore, some days I just don’t get the full 10,000.  Some days I only get 9,687 steps.  But I always try to get at least 30 active minutes.  Except on Sundays.  You know, cause it’s my day off.  See what I mean about over clarifying.
Anyway, I have been feeling a little guilty since my Dr’s appointment since I wasn’t completely honest with my him.  I don’t know if it is the time change or that I spend more time writing but,  I haven’t been walking as much lately.  In fact, in the last week, I have only walked 10,000 steps two days.  Thats right, 2!  I am such a liar.  It doesn’t matter that I walked 5,403 last wednesday, or 6,220 thursday, or even walked over 8,000 steps on friday and saturday (sunday is my day off so I only walked 3,107 but sunday doesn’t matter).  I still lied to the Dr.  I should have checked my fitbit app before proudly proclaiming I walk so much since even the week I went to see the Dr I didn’t walk 10,000 steps a day, six days a week.  I only got 10,000 or above five days.  What a disappointment.  
I think I’ll go drown my sorrows with a large sweet tea.

1 comment:

  1. LOL that is like me when I said I dont drink soda much then I started keeping track and I like some how got a soda every day! it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete